I just got back from my family's annual trip up to Island Park, ID. We weren't all there together like we would have liked, do to work conflicts but most of us got to spend aleast a little time together. This year I was a little nervous going up, because there have been more bear sightings in Yellowstone and other places nearby the campsite we stay in. And to make matters worse, upon arrival my parents told me that the host saw a bear in the campground within the last 2 weeks.... And on top of that, on Thursday, my dad and Josh were fishing down on the river below our campsites and Josh came running up that there was a brown bear just across the river.... Scary!!
Jon and I headed up on August 6th and made the our usual stop in Malad at Me & Lou's so Jon could get his navajo taco.
The first night we went looking for a moose, Keegan loves to look through the "dinock-a-lurs"
There is a moose in this photo, but it was way across the field, sitting in the meadow, but I still thought the picture was cool.
Keeg's and I - most likely about to play dice
Friday Mom, Dad, Jon & I went into Yellowstone. Everyone that had gone into the park so far had seen bears, so we were hopeful that we'd see some too... This is at Cascade Falls
Another stop in Yellowstone, rainbow pools. These actually don't smell, but they are so hot and steamy
Old Faithful
Going through Hayden Valley, the last few years, this has been buffalo valley. This guy was just strolling down the middle of the road; as we drove past, I really could had smacked it's tush!Right after this, we actually did see a grizzly bear. But it was across this big meadow/gully. We could only get a good look with binoculars - I wish I had a better camera that I could have gotten a good photo.
Big bull elk (Buck? I don't know the proper term) on our way out of the park.
I had to include this photo! Even with a dirty face, he is so amazingly cute, with the most crystal clear blue eyes.
Luging! Every year the kids (there is usually some of our cousins there to join in) head to s certain spot up the river and luge down the currents. I actaully joined in this year, and I have to say it was rather fun - and quite a good workout. The boys came out with a few more battle wounds, but I still managed to bash my shin and ankle into some rocks.
Us after a few times down the river - it was quite the feat to get up on that rock - the whole back side of it was sloped. (Notice Koda in the water)
Every spare minute I had (which I hate to say weren't often) I was reading Breaking Dawn. I had sent the book up with my mom on the 3rd and Nikki had it finished by the time I got there on the 6th. I wish I read that fast, but I get distrcted easily and couldn't focus with everything that was going on, so I didn't get too far into it. So no one tell me anything!!
3 comments:
It looks like you had fun on your annual camping trip! I can't believe all the animals you guys saw. I heard Breaking Dawn is awesome. I haven't been able to start it yet. Hopefully soon I will get to.
Oh It looks so fun! I wish we could have gone!!
Bears!!! I hated that!!! We did have a good time though. Have you finished the book yet?
Post a Comment