Let me rephrase- Christmas came early for a little, spoiled boy!
Josh, Nikki and Keegan came up last week, I think it was Thursday, and since they were here on Sunday with the family, it was decided that Keegan would open his presents from all of us so that we could see his delight, or indifference- But first.....
Last Friday we had our ward adult party and so I spent last Thursday baking, arguably one of my best cookies- my homemade oreos, with festive frosting (homemade as well!)I ended up not even going to the party because last minute Lamont and I got an invite to go to the Jazz vs. Magic game (thank you Cole's) and of course I didnt think to take a picture of us at the game.
Now on to our early Christmas!
Keegan so kindly gave Austin a stuffed Elmo! Austin was so excited and kept yelling Elmo, all night. Here the boys are playing out in the backyard.
You'd think we'd learn- you never give the best, most exciting, most anticipated gift first! Nothing else matters once the best one is opened. Regardless, Keegan opened up his walking/talking/shooting Iron Man- and was thrilled!
I got him some trucks
Jon got him some movies, I believe Scooby Doo and Sponge BobJen & Ben got him a cool play-doh kit and a cute dinosuar outfit, I don't know why I didn't get pictures, probably holding Spencer...
Keegan playing with Iron Man, it was kind of funny, Austin was pretty scared of Iron Man once he started moving, so I'm amazed he's sitting this close to it. Later that night he opened one other present from me- dinosaur pj's and as he looked in the box he says "oh, more clothes." Totally unexcited about it. It made me laugh. What does he expect, only toys?
All the while grandma got to have some time with this little man.


All the while grandma got to have some time with this little man.
We asked Keegan if he wanted to hold Spencer and after we convinced him, and told him he had to be sitting, in a chair and not just on the kitchen floor, Nikki snapped this photo for me.
And don't worry- Spencer is fine, he usually looks like that- he has a few "cute" names- most notably: fuss-bucket.
Altough, not to pat myself on the back or anything, I don't seem to have trouble with Spencer. Granted, I'm not with him 24/7, but I have watched him for 4-5 hours at a time and he's never been bad for me. I've been offered free room & board at The Jameson's if I'm on Spencer duty. It's tempting!! I love the little guy, he's quite a snuggler for me.
The other night my mom and I were watching him and when Jen dropped him off she said that he'd been screaming for 3 hours straight. The only time he cried/fussed the whole night is just when he was waiting for us to warm his bottle and then for a little when my mom had him, but after a few minutes I stole him and he stopped.
Altough, not to pat myself on the back or anything, I don't seem to have trouble with Spencer. Granted, I'm not with him 24/7, but I have watched him for 4-5 hours at a time and he's never been bad for me. I've been offered free room & board at The Jameson's if I'm on Spencer duty. It's tempting!! I love the little guy, he's quite a snuggler for me.
The other night my mom and I were watching him and when Jen dropped him off she said that he'd been screaming for 3 hours straight. The only time he cried/fussed the whole night is just when he was waiting for us to warm his bottle and then for a little when my mom had him, but after a few minutes I stole him and he stopped.
We started to joke about it- for all the Friends lovers- I'm like Monica in The One Where Emma Cries- I guess I have magical powers! I'm Jacey, super-aunt.

0 comments:
Post a Comment