As I was watching American Idol last night, I couldn't help but notice the huge transformation that David Cook has made over the coarse of the season. I remember back in the top 24 episodes - I hated D. Cook because he had nasty hair - the matted to the head, slight come-over look, just didn't do it for me. But once he got in the top 12 he's progressively gotten better and better. He started pushing his hair to the left, instead of the right, and it's shocking how much such a small detail can improve a look. Needless to say, I have become a Cook fan - but I still voted (yes I vote!) for Little David Archuletta last night. He is just so adorable and he out sang Cook last night. Don't get me wrong I think both will go on to make CD's but I think it would mean more to Little David to win AI! And I love that he always looks like he's going to pass out or throw out or cry as he's waiting for the judges comments. And then he genuinely is shocked and grateful that they liked his performance.Also on a side note: I'm so excited for SYTYCD! - After getting fully hooked last year, I cannot wait for the start of this season!! If anyone wants to see what I'm talking about go to youtube and watch a dance or two - these people are amazing! My favorites from Season 3 were: Danny and Lacey's Samba (HipHipChinChin - Julia, you know what I'm talking about, right?!), also good were: Sabra and Dominic's HipHop Routine or I also loved Pasha and Lauren's transformer inspired hiphop routine. Season 2: Although I loved Ivan and Allison contemporary dance, I'd have to give the cake to Travis and Heidi, Park Bench/Contemporary routine.

2 comments:
yes, i totally know what you mean, jace. the d. cook has transformed. if had continued putting out songs like his billy jean number, i would have been a cook fan forever.
though i LOVE cook's kind of music, i think archuleta will absolutely SCREAM past him tonight. he absolutely outsung cook - hands down.
and yes, "hip hip, chin chin" was my power song with my nike+ for awhile. ROCKIN' song. i cannot wait for SYTYCD. :)
great post.
So I totally don't watch AI, but my mom has gotten into lately, I think its just because the one David is a local, so go David A!
Post a Comment